Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Hippy


This blog is going to take some time to get started. To get my thoughts down. To get my story down.

This story is one that is so painful to me that I don't know how to write about it. I barely know how to talk about it. It's painful. It hurts. I really cannot believe this is my life.

Let me start by saying everything is anonymous here. I mean anyone can look at this blog but I'm not advertising. I'm not telling a soul in real life that it exists. Names are changed, including my own. Some details might be changed but the story, as it slowly unfolds will all be real. Every. Last. Bit. If you think you know me after learning details, well you probably don't. I'm one of millions. I know that but it doesn't make my story any less painful. And if by chance you do know me, I ask you respect my privacy and go away! :)

I'm a 30 year old woman. I've been married for almost three years. I have no living children. I have too many pets. And I'm married to an alcoholic/addict.

My life is in shambles.

And this blog will document my attempt to pick up the pieces.

Even if its not the way I hope.

I met The Hippy today.

Who is "The Hippy", you ask? My new therapist.

My husband's family recommended him to the both of us. He's a recovered alcoholic. He's also been married and now divorced from an alcoholic. He knows both sides of my story and that is a comfort. I met him today. I cried for a full hour.

Tomorrow my husband will meet with him.

And I pray it makes a difference. I know it won't overnight but I pray it plants the seed.






No comments:

Post a Comment